Thread: Carters shovel cover?

Default Carters shovel cover?

Hi,
    Anyone have a source for a canvas or leather cover or sheath for the business end of the Carters shovels sold by R.N.?

A few issues back Rovers North's "Rover" magazine had an article about a 2A in California that had a Carters shovel strapped to it that had a really nice leather cover pictured. I Facebook-stalked the guy months ago to ask him where he got that cover, but never received a reply.

The U.S. army surplus stores around here have bins full of shovel covers for the M-1910 shovel issued to G.I.s from WW1 to present, but they are too small to fit!

Thank You!

I'm not familiar with a 'carters' shovel but if you're talking about a regular US army entrenching tool no cover is issued with it.