Thread: Series 88 Oversized Roof rack. Free to good home.

Default Series 88 Oversized Roof rack. Free to good home.

I am looking to hand my roof rack off to someone who will use it. This rack was constructed in my garage about a decade ago. It has had plenty of adventures and held up very well. I set up the rack to hold a RTT. It has internal wires to power the lights (Included but may not work...), and I have a ladder that mounts to the bumper and rack without any modifications. I had the whole thing hot dipped galvanized once construction was complete.

I have reached a point where any of my adventure travel will be done in my discovery because it is comfortable and I am not afraid to do dumb things with it. I want to start taking better care of my series 2a (lighter trails), and I put way too many hours into this rack to scrap it.

I am located in St. Charles MO (right outside St Louis). Not interested in shipping or delivery, but I will help you throw it on a trailer or mount it to your truck. Shoot me a PM if your are interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121116_102858_zps90887b4f (1).JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	13570

Name:	20121017_1536041.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	13571

Name:	IMG_20121112_123856_zps94313cdb.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	13572
    1969 Series IIA 88
    2002 Discovery

Looks like you did a nice job on that. Wish we were closer.

Nice looking job. I'm sure someone closer than I will want it. Someday I would like to make something similar out of aluminum. You're having had that hot dipped adds a lot to it. Nice to know it's been around and plenty have seen it.

Greetings. Is the rack still available? I too have a 69 2a. I teach school and would not be able to drive up from Florida until June when school is out.
    Thanks Rodney.

Hey, RJ. It is still available.

Ok just keep me posted if gone. Thanks