Thread: Rattle can bronze green?

Default Rattle can bronze green?

Hi everyone-

I read in another forum that Rustoleum Gloss Almond was a pretty good match for Land Rover’s limestone color. I repainted my wheels with it and I can say it is a pretty fair match, especially considering the paint on these old trucks is often faded and oxidized. It is perhaps a bit more buttery tan in color.

My question is whether anyone has found a decent match for Rover bronze green in a commonly available spray can? I’m obviously not terribly concerned about authenticity, I’m more looking for a quick fix. My 88” is already a hodge podge of parts and panels.

Thanks,

Tom
    Tom
    1969 Series IIA 88"
    I like it because I understand how it works (mostly).

Its British Standard color , a paint shop could make it up https://encycolorpedia.com/45483d

I have a bronze green IIA, and I gave up searching for a close off-the-shelf match years ago. I finally went to my local Sherwin Williams store and had them mix some up in spray cans for me. It's expensive compared to a can of Rustoleum, but the match is pretty much perfect.

One color that I know is easily found off-the-shelf is Detroit Diesel Allison green, which is the correct color of your engine block. I think mine is Repli-Color brand.