Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Parts Supplier List - Its a small world

Default Comprehensive Parts Supplier List - Its a small world

Greetings, fellow Rover-heads(is that a thing? Can we start that, if it isn't?)

I'm new to the world of Land Rovers (2 months in, just purchased a 1973 Series 3)...but I've been building American hotrod and classics for 2 decades(1968 Firebird, 1976 VW Bus, 1941 Chevy,etc). So, I'm not exactly a newbie, and willing to get my knuckles busted and dirty.

A thing that takes time (years) is stumbling through and finding all the specialized suppliers of parts for your particular classic or antique. And, I just don't want to wait years. It's 2021. We have the internet. Let's just put the list out there, for everyone to find. It's a small world.

To our gracious hosts, thank you for providing great parts, advice and this forum to help us all. If you are buying parts, consider supporting Rovers North by buying from them first. Okay, PSA out of the way. Honestly, they have great parts, but sometimes they don't stock everything, so sooner or later you have to go hunting for other suppliers for odd parts. So, no one is loosing business here.

If you guys could add any suppliers you like or know of, and a note about what they have, or their specialty, that would really help others. And, maybe keep the summary to like 200 characters or less(sorry, I broke that rule already) so they stack up nice and people can skim down the thread quickly.

I'll begin:

Rovers North - www.RoversNorth.com - Great all around supplier of genuine and aftermarket(Proline) LR parts. Located in VT, USA

Pangolin4x4- www.Pangolin4x4.com - New and used parts, some fabrication of hard to find parts. Located in Oregon, USA.

Rocky Mountain Products - www.parabolicsprings.com - Few essential fabricated products, like springs, doors and overdrive units. - Located in Canada.

LR Direct - www.LRDirect.com - General purpose aftermarket and genuine parts supplier in the UK. Has lots of odds and ends that are hard to find in the US. Use part# from parts catalog to find stuff. - Located in Leyland, UK.

John Craddock, Ltd - www.johncraddockltd.co.uk - General purpose parts, genuine and aftermarket. Lots of odds and ends, screws and fixtures and multiple parts brands for the same part. Weird 2 part shipping process, look out for an email with shipping cost 1 day later- Located in Staffordshire, UK.

Haystee Automotive - www.heystee-automotive.com - Engineering & Fabrication of Disc brake conversions kits, Pwr steering add-on kits and overdrive units. Upgrade your rover to modern convenience/essentials - Located in Arnheim, The Netherlands

Brookwells - www.brookwell.co.uk - Another General purpose UK supplier of parts. Basic stuff. Not as extensive as John Craddock or LRDirect, but some worth checking part# in search tool. - Many locations in UK.

Guns and Rovers - www.gunsandrovers.com/forum - A forum with a good used parts exchange - Online.

YRM Metal Solutions - www.yrmit.co.uk - Many stainless steel & Galvanized brackets, hardware and body panels, etc. - Located in Durham, UK.

Rimmed Bros - www.rimmerbros.com - General parts supplier in UK. - Located in Lincoln, UK.

PA Blanchard www.pablanchard.co.uk Many genuine LR parts especially EX Military Yorkshire UK. Unfortunately they have announced they will be winding up in the next 12 months or so

www.fedhillusa.com,,,,,all things for DIY Brakes.

SP 4x4 - www.sp-4x4.com - General parts, but great prices on body panels and doors.- Located in Liverpool, UK
    Last edited by vlad_d; 05-18-2021 at 03:56 AM.

I am so glad you posted this viad-d, here i've been with Land Rovers since 1974 and didn't know of several of these sources.
    btw, I think it's just Rovers .......... I never see the head part!

Lucky8 Offroad - www.lucky8llc.com - Mostly newer Land Rover stuff, but some good maintenance parts for Series, and they are in US - Located in Buffalo,NY

Mahopac Auto Paint https://everestautomotivemarket.com/mahopacautopaint/ - Online automotive paint supplier. Has Land Rover Series paint colors by name. Sells in gallon, quart, rattle can/ aerosol can and small touch-up quantities. Great for small parts and DIY. In the US, so ground shipping of aerosols is okay. - Located in Mahopac, NY.

[Edit] - Make sure to account in an extra 4 days in your timing. They hand-mix all paints for each order. They don't just ship off-the-shelf. So, getting your paint can take 2-3 weeks. fyi...
    Last edited by vlad_d; 05-31-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Rovah Farm - www.rovahfarm.com - US supplier with many brands and parts for Series.- Located in Alexander, AR

UKAR Auto Parts- www.ukarauto.com - A US based supplier selling Britpart and aftermarket/ OEM parts at decent prices. Some items have long lead times(15 days) so they might just be ordering from UK. But they have a fair amount of mechanical parts.- Located in Alexandria, VA