Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Center Seat, or Cubby Box - What do you think?

@AP22:

I haven't purchased them yet, but these are the ones I am thinking about:

https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/ex...k_vinyl&type=3

I don't like the the way reproduction/retcon head rests look on these...so this is the closest to the original I can get.

Does anyone know if Exmoor does these in Leather (exactly these, not some modern seat kit that looks like a tuner car wing back seat)?
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109

those are oddly affordable. sold. thank you!

Older post, but I thought I'd circle back for some closure...

This last weekend, I finally put the new seats in. Per everyone's advice(thanks for all the ideas, folks!) I put in new "Deluxe" seats from ExMoor(via our hosts), including the center seat ...and I did the under-center-seat toolbox. Check out some pics:

I also got some MudUK door cards for the front, to smarten up the interior a bit. I'm really happy with how they turned out, even though I had to do a fair bit of trimming to make them work. I cut the wrap-around part on the outer part of the door cards. My doors have always been snug, and I just didn't have clearance for that(it rubbed). But the ABS plastic cuts easy with a dremel tool and I followed their advice and used a hand file to smooth out the cuts(so it looks like it was cast that way, no plastic burrs).

I shopped around for door cards. The generic exMOD ones look minimalistic, but no cargo net. The Rovers North ones were good looking...but I wasn't planning on installing speakers in the door, so those round cylinders look dumb. Also, please RN take the large logo off the cargo nets. I like you guys, but I don't want to be an advertisement. Just make a discreet little tag and tone it down. The MudUK ones were perfect and they even have a little oval logo stamping, but they let you install their logo...and that oval look suspiciously like a certain green oval logo that would look MUCH nicer there.Hmmm...now I'm looking for a Land Rover logo that's about 1" to glue/stick there.

I will say, the ExMoor seats are pretty good quality. The things I couldn't see in the pictures before I ordered them:

1) The 'black' vinyl is actually a charcoal grey. I don't mind so much, but the original seats were black...like Mars Black. So, there is a slight color variation between the dash vinyl and the seat vinyl. So, be warned.

2) It's hard to tell, but I feel like my original seats had bolsters more proud of the center flutes. Basically, I think the ExMoor ones are more flat, and my original were more cupped, which kind of holds you in the seat. The ExMoor ones feel nice, new and fresh. But they might not be exact reproductions.

3) I have all the correct parts, including seat rails, seat frames, bolts and back stops. But the center seat doesn't move, so when you adjust the outer seats back, the center kind of sticks out. In all the photos, the three seats align much like a bench seat effect. Well, this is only possible if you push the outer seats forward to line up. I'm a taller guy (6'-2") so that doesn't work for me ...I barely fit with the seat all the way back. So, the position is kind of like you see in my pics...a bit staggered. It's fine, and I can still slide over to unlock the passenger door. But it messes with my OCD trying to line things up straight.

4) For some weird reason, ONLY the Left Hand (LH) seat rail is available for the center seat. Like...everywhere! RN and John Craddock both only sell the LH. JC emailed me a week later to try to convince me to buy two LH ones and cut them up and re-fabricate a RH. Not sure that would even work?! Anyway, it seems this is one of those mysterious, sought-after parts. P.A.Blanchards saved the day with a genuine NOS set. But expect some trouble sourcing the RH center seat rail.

I'm still missing cup holders, but now I'm comitted to the center seat. So, my plan is to make a little shelf/magazine tray type thing to hang off the rear bulkhead, facing the load area, with two cup holders built on top. Hard to explain, but I'll post pics when I get around to building it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220123_144400.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	13858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220123_144544.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	13859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220123_144458.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	13860  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220115_162951.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	13861  
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109

Nice!!, that's what mine looked like when it was brand new in 1973-4 !!, I would go with the under seat box and 3 seats!