Thread: Series 2a 1964

Default Series 2a 1964

Howdy from Texas. I’ve just purchased a 64 series 2. It’s been sitting for a very long time. Previous owner put a 283 Chevy motor in it. I’ve got her running. I decided to jack up rear tires and try engage some gears. I have no pedal right now so just forced the gears. No grinding and no gears engaging. I took off the inspection plate and nothing is turning. The slave cylinder looks impossible to get to. Any thoughts.

What inspection plate did you take off? Trying to picture what you're describing...

If it's an inspection plate over the bell housing you should see the flywheel and clutch assembly spinning around as the engine runs. If you're looking further downstream and things aren't spinning than I'd guess that either the clutch disc has lost all it's lining or the gearbox input shaft is broken or stripped in some way. I guess it's possible that the clutch slave cylinder is jammed such that the pushrod is staying out fully. That would be the nicer problem to have, if you can figure out how to get to the thing...

After some hours of labor got the slave cylinder off that was stuck all the way out. And now the gears are moving the wheels. I’ve ordered a new slave and flex line. Thanks