Hello Rovers!

Somewhat new to Land Rover world, and I must admit that I'm scratching my head at some of the acronyms. I'm embarrassed to say I found out some of these just a few days ago. Thought I'd start a thread. Might be fun to post what we 'thought they meant along the way. It's fun to laugh at ourselves, too.

MOD/Ex-MOD - This means "Ministry of Defense" and it means the truck was a military surplus vehicle in the UK. Some differences in design for military. - In retail context, this means "Manager on Duty". Heh. Not that. Although they are pretty "Boss"

LWB - This means "Long Wheel Base" and it denotes the 109" or 110" models.

SWB - This means "Short Wheel Base" and it denotes the 88" and 90" models.

NOS - This means "New, Original Stock" and it means the part is New in the box, but it might have been sitting on a shelf since 1975. This is often the only way to get original equipment that is discontinued.

NAS - I have no idea what this means. Is this a reference to a certain rapper? ;D Little help here?

TDI - To the rest of the world, this means "Turbocharged Direct Injection". On VW's its often on the Diesel motors, so I kind of always assumed it meant "Turbo Diesel Injected". It's the intake for the motor. It has a turbocharger which shoves more air+fuel into the engine, and fuel injection system. Stop me if any of this is wrong. - On Land Rovers, this is a model of Defender? Does that model have a TDI setup? Should I call my Series "Series Carbeurated/Series 3c"?

What are some acronyms that stumped you?