All,

Searching for a mechanic to do engine work to a 300tdi near west/central Pennsylvania. Any advice of a mechanic in my extended area that I could take it to, or a traveling mechanic who is willing to help me in my garage would be greatly appreciated.

1984 90 with 300tdi that has about 100k. Was a Rover enthusiast when younger, but life happened and I kept the 90 only. Served me well for many years. Timing belt started to shread and skipped a tooth. Took it to a local garage, bought an updated cam belt kit, and they did the work. The belt never actually broke. I don’t think they had the timing set correctly because it was a bit hard to get started and blew black smoke a bit. I should’ve taken it back, but lived with it because I drove it sparingly.

A couple years later, on a long highway trip, the turbo started whining - bad. Temp gauge inoperable. I knew it was bad, but was close to home and it was midnight, so pushed on. Water was boiling when I got home. Head cracked. Theory is, unspent fuel started burning in the turbo and over heated everything.

I bought a new turbo and built head. Started tearing things down, but unable to get the crank pulley off. Let it sit for a couple years (just so busy). No one wants to work on it. I could do it myselt, but need guidance/motivation. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, keith