Thread: permanent reference posting

Default permanent reference posting

maybe it takes a moderator but it would be nice to have a permanent place one clicks here on the forums to reference something. today i see the MPH based on RPM and tire size which is not something I recall seeing, or if I did it certainly wasn't readily available. a few days ago it was someone's experience with door tops. One of you rovers is up on this stuff, what's it take to create a place to put this......... it wouldn't HAVE to be categorized or anything, just these unique hard to find info replies put somewhere where one can sort thru them now and then without having to remember what the subject was or having to remember when so much? it looks like one would have to be able to move or copy a post to a different place?

That's a great idea. It looks like they have some options for this:
    https://forums.roversnorth.com/faq.p...3_thread_tools

There is search, which is kind of brute force search of all the content(you don't have to know the title, just any mentions in there should pop up).

And it looks like the forum has a tagging system(see tags in that link). So, you could tag that message about RPM x Tire Size, as something like "useful formulas" and then search by Tag later?

Maybe this is a job for the Web developer of the forum...but I could see extending this system to let users make their own Tags that others don't necessarily see(maybe they live with the user's account). Then, users could catalog and search the forum with their own preferences. Kind of like how my repair manuals have colored post-it tabs sticking out the side that might not make sense to everyone else.

Try the tagging thing. I'm curious myself if it's useful.

thanks, I'll look into this, seldom do I feel inclined to persue this sort of thing but some of the info that comes across these forums is rare and to be valued.
    Hopefully the moderator will take note here but i do not believe I've seen a comment by a moderator like on some forums but for them i'd like to say it is not unheard of and many no doubt think it would be nice to hear from the "source" once in a while!

i didn't find a option to 'tag' or lablel or xfer a thread, one can subscribe to it but as mentioned it'd be subscriber specific.
    any other ideas out there for how to xfer info to a "storage area"?