Thread: Derelict LR in your hood.

Default Derelict LR in your hood.

Show your neighbors project. This person has 4 parked a few blocks from me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210605_13104400000000000000000000000000.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	13653

isn't that a austin? fender vents, 1 piece windshield? hood latches? the roof line is not stock either (for Land Rover)
    but 4 of them huh? ............ although similar I'd rather not "switch horses".

I believe you are probably right. The land rover emblem on the grill in the first one thru me off. A Google search shows pictures of the Austin gypsy all with a split front screen. The roof looks the same. I relearned something new today that I forgot I knew. This person also has a classic rangerover in his driveway outfitted for an expedition.
    Dont all old land rovers have hood latches or is that an add on?

Austin Gypsy has a more shaped hood & fenders compared with a LR. All Series One and some S2/3 military have external hood latches . The One piece windshield looks like some Scandinavian conversions . Picture is a circa 1965 SWB Gypsy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Austin Gypsy.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	13656
    Last edited by roverp480; 06-15-2021 at 10:40 AM.

i think the series 1 has the hood latches. the 'ribs' on the roof are pretty steep, I've not seen a hardtop series 1. as for the window, i guess the guy could of brought some with him from scandanavia? i could understand 1 'off' example but there are at least 2 in that photo!!!

The land rover club member who owns these has 3 listed as 2 1954 s1 and a 57 s1.

well, maybe thru the fog i recall something about a single piece wind shield but you make it 'official'.!

Saw this thread a few weeks ago and chuckled...haha...my Landy was running then...

Then, I went to change my brakes and wheel bearings. Found some gouges on my Half shafts, pitted swivel balls, and bone dry differential. So, I had to order some parts from Jolley old England. Now I'm waiting for weeks and my Landy is on jacks in my driveway, half diss-assembled...

I AM the derelect Land Rover in my neighborhood! Man, I hope those parts arrive before moss starts collecting...
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109