Thread: Alternator Wiring, Voltage Regulator

Default Alternator Wiring, Voltage Regulator

1969 88", late model 2A, no bug eyes.

I'm in the process of wiring up a 3-wire Delco. I marry the existing idiot light wire (previously on post "D" of the old voltage regulator to the #1 white wire (excite wire) coming from Alternator. I plan on terminating a new 10 gauge brown wire with the starter solenoid. On the same starter solenoid post I will also run a 12 gauge red wire that will act as the "sense" wire. If that doesn't sound correct please let me know.

The other issue I have (I mean, I have many other non-rover issues) is what do I do with the other wires still connected to the voltage regulator. 2 wires coming off "A1" and 2 wires coming off "A".

Thanks all

Connect all the four wires from the A and A1 together and insulate the connection . One is the power to the dash socket, one is to the interior light , one to the ignition and external lighting and the last to the feed terminal on the starter solenoid, where you are connecting the 10 gauge wire from the alternator . If you connect the warning light wire previously on the D terminal on the voltage regulator to the one from the F terminal which in turn went to the dynamo, you can use the dynamo end for the excite connection to the alternator and you don't need to run another one .
    I used this type of thing to make the A & A1 connections Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  16.5 KB

Where did you buy these connectors?
    Erik Peterson
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    '69 SWB Soft Top 2.25 petrol LHD
    '71 LWB 2 Door 2.25 petrol LHD

"Every trip is an adventure in a Land Rover".

I live in the UK and got them from a local Auto Electrical shop and have occasionally found them online .