Thread: Adding a 12V socket and UBS ports to a Series 2

Default Adding a 12V socket and UBS ports to a Series 2

Hello all - I have a 1960 Series 2 SWB LHD and find it is about time to add a 12V socket and 1 or 2 USB ports. Any suggestions/best practices on where to put them, parts (e.g., 3A vs 10A socket) and wiring?

I put in a cigarette lighter type outlet and wired in to the inspection light wires (which is now disconnected as it was shorting out). I plug in a USB adapter when needed. Just bolted thru an existing hole in dash.Name:  28F98773-5E5E-4AE5-842D-66CDF9844A98.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  69.7 KB

there is a handy little setup on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282278861670

Thanks for the eBay link AP22. I had also seen that and wondered if I should opt for a 10A socket instead of 3A?

Quote Originally Posted by nicsrover View Post
    I put in a cigarette lighter type outlet and wired in to the inspection light wires (which is now disconnected as it was shorting out). I plug in a USB adapter when needed. Just bolted thru an existing hole in dash.Name:  28F98773-5E5E-4AE5-842D-66CDF9844A98.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  69.7 KB
    Thanks for the description and the photo @nicsrover.