About parts:

This is just my opinion, and I don't mean offense to any people or nation. I think any place is capable of good parts, it just comes down to economics- and often it's the lowest cost option that ends up coming from some place the cost of labor is low.

Genreally speaking...in order of preference:
1) "Genuine" Land Rover Parts. Will fit great and last as long as your original. Can be WILDLY more expensive! If it's an extra $50, okay, I'll spring for Genuine. But sometimes it's like hundreds more.

2) OEM or "G" Part numbers. These are often whitebox parts from the suppliers who supply Land Rovers. So, great savings can be had by just getting directly from them. GKN bearings, Lucas electrical components, etc. You can see in the photos for products marked "genuine Land Rover" stampings for OEM suppliers. Save some cash and order direct from the supplier.

3) Brit-Part. Most of these are made internationally, so each part is different. But I find quality okay with Brit-Part. Some call them "Sh** part", but they are much better than most.

4) Baermach. Garbage. Absolute garbage. I have ordered several harder-to-find machined parts from different retailers selling Baermach and 2 out of 3 came back machined off-center. I won't buy their stuff anymore.

5) For bearings, get them if they are made in Japan or England. I wouldn't trust the Taiwanese ones. They're precision parts. Also, they're deep inside other parts. Pain in the ass to replace again. Spend $10 more and you're worry free.

6) Rubber seals, door latch hardware. Get the Genuine stuff. The aftermarket stuff doesn't fit right. The rubber is too rigid and won't let your door close right. The door locks and latches are poorly cast and dimensionally different. You'll be taking a grinder to them to make them fit.

This post is getting long. I'll stop. Good luck! ;D