All:

I'm new to the forum. I'm considering purchasing a Series Land Rover, but am pretty new to the market and know little of their values and the "what(s) to look for" in a Series.. I'm a British car owner and have mechanical skills, experience, and necessary tools for a majority of work most vehicles require. I can't do body work, but am competent in most everything else.

I also live in Africa. I'm a USG employee. I can purchase a Landy there and ship it back. There are a large number of LHD Series vehicles where I live, but they are mostly single cab pick ups in a various states of wear. I'm in sub-Saharan Africa, so humidity and rust are non-existent. My preference is for a full cab (4 door) vehicle with a rear bed. I know they're trucks, but also know OD is available. A good fit for me would be a vehicle that can handle knocking about town, but also manage 60 on the highway (possible?). i'm also looking for some market value ideas. I don't want to be hosed as the "dumb foreigner" and wind up overpaying.

That's the general idea. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Mike