Thread: Clutch Slave Cylinder bracket question

Default Clutch Slave Cylinder bracket question

Hello. I have a 1969 2A 88". Question on the bracket that mounts to the transmission bell housing and supports the clutch slave cylinder rand the lever arm to actuate the clutch throw out bearing. Two questions. First my bracket has a bend and break in the area where the pivot assembly mounts. Is this break and bend in the bracket normal? I have searched for pictures online for this bracket and nothing shows a detail picture. Below are a couple of pictures. I assume the break and bend are not standard. Second question is for the spherical bush that rides inside a housing to transfer the pivot motion. How do I remove the old spherical bush? Just carefully cut it off or apply heat and drift it of the shaft? Assembling the new one any suggestions? I assume applying heat is one option. Thanks, Tom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	13845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0827.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	13846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0829.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	13847

Th bracket had been cut for some reason, it should be flat with no break. The shaft should turn in the bush, a little heat should loosen it . When assembled the bush should be held in the bracket between two Housing for the bush ( 217983) and the shaft pivot inside it.