Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diagnose this! I think she's mad at me...(the Landy)

Hi Vlad. Eventually I will need to decide how to approach what to do for my project truck. The truck had not run in 10 years and the carburetor was home to a mouse or some sort of storage facility for acorns : ). I viewed the YouTube video below which might give me confidence to rebuilt the original zenith. Currently I am weighing the options to go with the Holley sniper Autolite 1100 EFI. Last Spring I got my Rover V8 conversion on the road and I went with the Lucas 14CUX Fuel Injection. Initially I weighed the options versus carburetor. Now that the car is running it is the best decision I had made. Yes the cost was higher and there is a bit of learning how to handle the fuel system with a return line being necessary but in the end it was really not that difficult. On the series trucks the fuels system plumbing at least does not travel too far. As I said still on the fence but when I read this type of thread I see the main advantage being EFI just working reliably. Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDwAkRBjaA

I just thought of this but while reading Hemmings motor news I paused on a few adds for british cars and noticed a couple on carbs. Some of these places have been in business for decades and no doubt have carbs we could use on a series?