Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake help! Pedal goes to the floor…at first

Just wanted to give a quick update on what I have been able to do so far. I was able to clamp off all flexible hoses and got good pressure. Then released clamps one by one and checked, isolated, and bled each one (rear, left front, right front). I got good pressure and pedal. The isolated front vs rear and got good pedal on just front and just rear. Then when the whole system was free I had a soft pedal again. Going to try to bleed the shuttle valve next. Wanted to update just in case this helps anyone to narrow the issue down and help me figure this out. Thanks for all the advice!

If you're confident you've removed all air and the pedal WILL stay positioned with your foot on it then i'd suspect something going on with one of the brake shoes but it can be hard to get all the air out sometimes. maybe try advancing the adjuster till the shoes are up tight and see where the pedal is?

Just got this issue yesterday on the way home from work lost all break pressure barley stopped after pumping the brakes a few times it would build pressure for that one press then the vacuum booster would pull the remaining brake fluid right into the intake manifold and let out a huge poof of white smoke from the exhaust pretty sure the master cylinder is bad going to just change both all my lines and servos are new waiting for the delivery after the holidays

mine has at times got to where if you stab the pedal quick it'll develope pressure quick but if you push it down slower like casual braking it'd bottom out. something to do with the tipping valve probably and adjusters being too far un-adjusted front or rear. I post this for reference as although not quite the same it may be related.