Thread: How often?

Default How often?

Do strangers approach you to ask you about your landrover? Lately everytime I go somewhere someone comes up to me in the parking lot to talk. Today I didnt even get my door open and someone drove up beside me and started telling me about the one he owned in Ireland on the farm lol. His wife said she really likes the colour of mine.
    Yesterday I parked in front of a lumber store and was inside looking at wood and a young guy comes up and asks what year my landrover is. Then starts telling me about the one his father drove from Ontario to Alberta.
    The most common question I get asked is what year is it. Are people as curious where you live as they are here? Lots of 4x4ing and outdoor activities where I live so might explain it.

oh yea, the one I have going now doesn't leave the valley (population about 300) but I always get a thumbs up or something even from the locals, out of towners always take a 2nd look or ask something if i'm stopped.

My wife thought I was an absolute idiot when I bought my Series 2, especially since it wasn't running. Now that it runs great and we drive it around So Cal topless, people are always waving, honking or chatting us up. We always get stories about people who rode in a Land Rover in the Peace Corp, missionary work, and on their farm in South Africa.

Now my wife still thinks I am an idiot with great taste in vintage cars. She does love waving back at people on a sunny afternoon going down the road.

that's funny, thx

I'm up in NorCal and get alot of attention, too.
    No shortage of interesting cars around, but not many Series Rovers. Seems to put a smile on people's faces. And not just gear-heads. My 80 year old neighbor's friends tell her they love it. Here's a gentle older lady who goes to gemstone clubs and she's giddy over a truck. I love that. It's a little different than owning a hot rod(which I've had a couple over the years). The stories are more personal, like you could see people drifting off to a dreamy place when telling you. Safari's of the mind...
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109