Thread: Series 3 signal lense question

Default Series 3 signal lense question

My land rover series late 2a has 4" orange signal lenses front and back. Im missing one in back. No luck finding one or even researching via google. Ive seen some images of other 3's with these larger signal lamps but maybe they were just some aftermarket from back in the day. Any info appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mine has those too. As I recall they were for the North American spec trucks. The red tail light lenses on mine also stick our further, though the diameter is not larger. Good luck finding replacement lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by redagain View Post
    My land rover series late 2a has 4" orange signal lenses front and back. Im missing one in back. No luck finding one or even researching via google. Ive seen some images of other 3's with these larger signal lamps but maybe they were just some aftermarket from back in the day. Any info appreciated
    The Rover Lens part number is I believe 606424 and is a lucas L833 lamp . The whole lamp assembly is 575128 front and 575129 rear . pangolin4x4.com did list them some years ago. This company seems to still list them . http://www.king-cart.com/kipmotor/ca...ct_match=exact
    The Lucas number for the lens may be 54579811 but I am not 100% sure
    Last edited by roverp480; 06-13-2022 at 10:48 AM.

I never liked the NADA signal lenses, they look like Aircraft landing warning lights, too big. An option you have is to replace with a Defender style, (smaller cheaper and easier to find) light, cheers.

I've had all the correct SIII lenses in stock for years: the 4" ambers, the deep red lenses & lamps.

thx much...found one at kips

tempting!!, i replaced many of mine with the 'popular' replacement. they leak like a sieve and never work but keeps the blow back from the road out of the rear!

Try contacting these guys:

https://jollyrogersmotors.com/

I was able to find a couple of good used L833 lenses. They know as most people do that L833 lenses are tough to find. I went for a visit and picked the two best ones they had. I seem to remember they had a few more used once. Usual spider cracks but still in one piece. I used some rubbing compound to clean them right up. Cheers, Tom

yea, mine worked when installed but ever since I just don't mess with them anymore! probably should find some off a utilitarian truck (jeep or something) in a yard and install those?