Thread: WANTED: '66 109" 2a rear bumper / rail / crossmember

Default WANTED: '66 109" 2a rear bumper / rail / crossmember

Anyone have a non-rusty rear bumper / rail / (and possibly, but not necessarily, the crossmember too) -- to fit a '66 (regular) S2a 109"? Message me if so, or if you have any ideas where to fine one, thanks.

Last edited by andrew; 07-25-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Our hosts do a selection of parts https://www.roversnorth.com/category...ers_outriggers

Quote Originally Posted by roverp480 View Post
    Spoke with them and what they have will not work. Therefore, seeking a donor/salvage part.

I am now not sure what you are actually looking for, any chance of a picture or diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by roverp480 View Post
    I am now not sure what you are actually looking for, any chance of a picture or diagram?

Reference drawing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 4.07.29 PM.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	14047

Marked-up drawing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.59.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	14046

I am seeking:
    - everything aft of the red line (everything behind that crossmember rearward, that is full rail and bumper);
    - or, alternatively, everything aft of the green line would also work (crossmember, rail, and bumper, just aft of the spring perch)

The current bumper/rails for sale do not include sufficient rail lengths for my purposes. There are some remanufactured parts known as "1/4 chassis LWB crossmember" for sale in the UK that would work, but I cannot seem to find these on offer in the US, and shipping cost for them is exorbitant.

Thanks to everyone trying to help.

The 109" rear crossmembers are typically available with just the short 6" extensions. You have a few choices. You can buy the 109" specific rear crossmember with longer extensions overseas, or you can get an 88" one with longer extensions and just cut it the way you need. It should work, but I've been fortunate to not need one with extensions longer than the 6".

OR, you can get a stock rear crossmember and use this kit (if it's long enough) to make up the difference in length:
    https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/ch...r_frame_member

88" crossmember with 18" extensions:
    Rear Crossmember With 18 Inch Extensions Series II-III 88" NRC236-18 RNE404 | Rovers North - Land Rover Parts and Accessories Since 1979
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Quote Originally Posted by jp- View Post
    The 109" rear crossmembers are typically available with just the short 6" extensions. You have a few choices. You can buy the 109" specific rear crossmember with longer extensions overseas, or you can get an 88" one with longer extensions and just cut it the way you need. It should work, but I've been fortunate to not need one with extensions longer than the 6".

OR, you can get a stock rear crossmember and use this kit (if it's long enough) to make up the difference in length:
    https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/ch...r_frame_member

88" crossmember with 18" extensions:
    Rear Crossmember With 18 Inch Extensions Series II-III 88" NRC236-18 RNE404 | Rovers North - Land Rover Parts and Accessories Since 1979
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The 88" crossmember apparently differs in its slope and the rail heights as well, which seems to confound some folks...

For a direct match (?) I found this option in the UK, which is more than I need, but presumably identical to the original and therefore should (will?) work: https://www.ddsmetal.co.uk/product/1...56-heavy-duty/ It could presumably be lopped off in the right place and fitted to the original frame.

Does anyone have experience with it or see any issue with this option?
    Last edited by andrew; 08-01-2022 at 09:16 PM.