Thread: diesel injection pumps

Default diesel injection pumps

I have two diesel injection pumps that I need to get rid of,. One is from a 1983 Series 3 with cable linkage - the pump leaks from the base of the upper part of the pump. The second one is from an 84 Defender with rod linkage - the accelerator bolt that the linkage attaches to broke off.....I bought it to replace my leaking pump but snapped off the bolt when trying to remove the linkage.....was told by the seller that it worked fine ( he was replacing his old engine with a new 300tdi and was parting out his old engine). Make an offer. Buyer responsible for shipping cost.

I wish I had a diesel !!, someone wants this, hang onto it.

Certainly keeping my S3 but the pumps gotta go. I dcn't have the skill.....or ambition.....to fix them. To many other things to do. Photo of my S3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Series 3 County 1983 front1 (3).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	14058
    Attached Images Attached Images  

a real nice S3 you have there. Mine use to look nice 47 years ago! I got my tropical roof out of a wrecking yard for i think $200. I'm glad I did, wish i'd of had the $ then to get the jump seats too!, it all went to the crusher i'm sure but I'm finding those tropical roofs are not as popular as I've always thought they were. Maybe in Africa?
    if you call a couple diesel truck shops you'll find a couple popular rebuilders that may want your pumps?