Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch not disengaging - bled but struggling with settings

Default Clutch not disengaging - bled but struggling with settings

69 series 2a 109 -- I replaced my master/slave/flex line last year. Ever since, I have been unable to nail the proper pedal and slave setting. I've bled it, reverse bled it & It seems like there isn't any air.

I can start it in 1st with the clutch pedal down and it seems to operate to as it will move forward as I release the clutch and apply gas - same for reverse. But if started out of gear it will not go into gear and just grinds. Which leads me to believe the plate isn't stuck.

I've got the green bible and have been trying to set the pedal and slave but am either totally dislexic or something is not right.

Here is a folder of pics of where things are set and a video showing how far the connecting shaft moves - doesn't seem to be moving enough, but I think it's at the full length of the rod throw from the slave.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wuofivst2...mqW6oB4Ta?dl=0

I've read countless forums and am just totally stuck. Any help would be great.

The site hole in the bell housing shows this when clutch applied -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ziidxlmaj...33.14.mov?dl=0

Sounds like your disc is stuck to the flywheel....a pretty common problem. I can talk u thru it if u want 2 call.

Quote Originally Posted by charles1943 View Post
    Sounds like your disc is stuck to the flywheel....a pretty common problem. I can talk u thru it if u want 2 call.
    May have to take you up on it - been driving me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by charles1943 View Post
    Did the pedal movement and clutch connecting arm seem like It was going far enough in the video? I ordered an alignment tool and am probably going to separate the transmission this weekend to see if that's the culprit

some of the better photos there huckle! it looks like the initial start point is late on the throw?

Quote Originally Posted by jimrr View Post
    some of the better photos there huckle! it looks like the initial start point is late on the throw?

I pulled the clutch today to check to see if it was frozen - it wasn't. So your advice is probably spot on. Are you saying the rod on the slave is set wrong or the pedal?

i haven't worked on that model before BUT, it just looks like minimal movement and that the cylinder is too exposed to yes, either a adjustment or perhaps even the rod is the wrong length... ? hard to believe but either way I'd check the extremes and see how far either way by whatever means it could be adjusted ... you might discover something way wrong? keep us posted.
    it's detective work!

Quote Originally Posted by jimrr View Post
    i haven't worked on that model before BUT, it just looks like minimal movement and that the cylinder is too exposed to yes, either a adjustment or perhaps even the rod is the wrong length... ? hard to believe but either way I'd check the extremes and see how far either way by whatever means it could be adjusted ... you might discover something way wrong? keep us posted.
    it's detective work!

It worked at some points so I think the rod is right - set it by the book again this morning to test it and it still wasn't working. I'll just have to troubleshoot -

my condolences but when stuff gets tight it's better to adjust schedults, kick back and really dig in ........... there IS A REASON, . as a professional engineer that often had to diagnose various systems (power, electrical, ac, water .......... )) i learned you can not accurately diagnose without understanding how it works. I know I know ........ I had to study book after book and it would eventually pay off, no one else figured it out, i would but it may take 2 days of intense scrutiny !!!
    Good luck and don't let up !