I purchased and installed a new Brake Servo (R.N.) for my 68 2a (dual circuit master cyl.) I did not replace the working master cyl .working fine, good pedal pressure, no loss of fluid, no bleed-down, wheel cylinders are not leaking. All worked well for a couple short runs, good power pedal assist and good braking, I have recently adjusted all the brakes to work well.

While on a longer road trip, pulled over the the brakes were locked up and could not move the vehicle under power. Checked emergency brake - nope, working fine. I disconnected the vacuum rubber hose from the carburetor base plate (also R.N. Weber conversion kit), to the Servo, rocked the vehicle and heard a clunk (Servo spring released). Ran the vehicle on the manual brakes fine just a hard pedal but working fine to stop. I connected the pipe again and same lock-up issue. Disconnected now and running again with no servo assisted brakes with good pedal movement.

Why did I remove the replace the original servo? It was a rusty mess, the plastic vacuum pipe fitting was broken but actuallly it worked better than the new one - inoperable now.

Thanks for the thoughts. Wondering about installing a vacuum regulator in the pipe to reduce the vacuum?

MT Bugeye

Name:  New Servo_Installed.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  82.0 KB