Thread: Rivet advice for window lock

Default Rivet advice for window lock

I'm replacing a window lock https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/pl..._iia_door_tops this weekend. Any advice on what the right rivet to use is?
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

The Rover part is 78248 which is a sealed POP rivet 3/16" dia x 0.45" long . It is listed with our hosts

Definitely use the LR part number, if you can.

In my case, my door was a little “used”…so I ended up having to enlarge the hole. Also happens as the window lock is flimsy plastic that easily warps as you’re trying to drill out an old rivet. So, I ended up going to the hardware store for some aluminum rivets of the next size. Aluminum so they won’t rust with the morning dew or condensation(temp differential from inside to outside window makes water). Not 100% matching…but beats paying $25 shipping on some $3 rivets.
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109

Sealed Rivet for Metal lock on 2A door window . Picture below
    Name:  20221023_105055.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  51.5 KB