Thread: Who is that knocking on your door? How much do you want for your Land Rover?

Default Who is that knocking on your door? How much do you want for your Land Rover?

I have been gathering parts for my 1974, RHD, Series III, 88" for almost 12 years. In a shed I have a new galvanized frame, parabolic springs, shocks, steering relay, Roam Offroad 4-wheel disc brake conversion kit (along with rotors, calipers, pads, power booster pedal box and dual master cylinder) and some other odds and ends. The odds and ends consist of a LHD, IIA, 88" with no title that has Swiss cheese for a frame and bulkhead. Its home is out in the elements next to the shed.
    My '74 is far from perfect, but I never wanted a trailer queen/show car. It resides outside in the driveway. During Covid-19 when drive through windows were your only option at banks and pharmacies it brought to surface an inconvenience. Within the last year, someone knocked at my door and asked if I wanted to sell it and I quickly told them, "$16,000 and all the Land Rover parts I have come with it." As I expected, they never returned. I never seriously thought about selling it, but the older I get, and the longer those parts just take up space in the shed, it makes me wonder sometimes.
    1974 Series III 88 RHD
    19?? Series IIA 88 LHD (parts)

Quote Originally Posted by JDLalama View Post
    I have been gathering parts for my 1974, RHD, Series III, 88" for almost 12 years. In a shed I have a new galvanized frame, parabolic springs, shocks, steering relay, Roam Offroad 4-wheel disc brake conversion kit (along with rotors, calipers, pads, power booster pedal box and dual master cylinder) and some other odds and ends. The odds and ends consist of a LHD, IIA, 88" with no title that has Swiss cheese for a frame and bulkhead. Its home is out in the elements next to the shed.
    My '74 is far from perfect, but I never wanted a trailer queen/show car. It resides outside in the driveway. During Covid-19 when drive through windows were your only option at banks and pharmacies it brought to surface an inconvenience. Within the last year, someone knocked at my door and asked if I wanted to sell it and I quickly told them, "$16,000 and all the Land Rover parts I have come with it." As I expected, they never returned. I never seriously thought about selling it, but the older I get, and the longer those parts just take up space in the shed, it makes me wonder sometimes.
    Your 16K seems fair with all the extra's, Series trucks are calling that much, and then check the prices of those that have been totally refurbished, they are calling much more, cheers,

being a avid reader of Hemmings motor news your dilemma (pronounced Duh-lema) is not uncommon, I myself have a '69 charger RT, a 540 BMW, and 2 land rover 88's. The Land Rovers are the priority since they are easiest to work on, The Charger should be sold to someone who does it right and sells them for 80 grande!, the bmw i'll get to after the D4 Dozer clutch and engine 'touch up' ............. it's hard to dispose of a basket case but usually someone like ourselves will take it on but it'll be at a fire sale price.

oh yea, lets not forget the 3 f-250 high boys in various stages of ''assembly'' !!!!

You might put them on eBay motors or other online forums(even here). Seems Land Rover enthusiasts are spread out all over the world these days. You’ll not likely get more random local drop ins, but I bet there’s buyers willing to drive to you with a trailer from 4 states away.