I have been gathering parts for my 1974, RHD, Series III, 88" for almost 12 years. In a shed I have a new galvanized frame, parabolic springs, shocks, steering relay, Roam Offroad 4-wheel disc brake conversion kit (along with rotors, calipers, pads, power booster pedal box and dual master cylinder) and some other odds and ends. The odds and ends consist of a LHD, IIA, 88" with no title that has Swiss cheese for a frame and bulkhead. Its home is out in the elements next to the shed.
My '74 is far from perfect, but I never wanted a trailer queen/show car. It resides outside in the driveway. During Covid-19 when drive through windows were your only option at banks and pharmacies it brought to surface an inconvenience. Within the last year, someone knocked at my door and asked if I wanted to sell it and I quickly told them, "$16,000 and all the Land Rover parts I have come with it." As I expected, they never returned. I never seriously thought about selling it, but the older I get, and the longer those parts just take up space in the shed, it makes me wonder sometimes.