Thread: What carburetor are you running?

Default What carburetor are you running?

Thought I’d take a poll to see what carburetor everyone is using on their series truck and what kind of fuel economy and power you’re getting. I’ve used both Rochester and Webers. Got 20MPG with my Rochester on my series 3 (with 15” wheels). I’m currently running a Weber ICH on my Series 2a. Both were set up with Pertronix electric ignition. Not much power on my current rig and fuel economy is definitely less than 20MPG with 16” tires.
    Erik Peterson
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    '69 SWB Soft Top 2.25 petrol LHD
    '71 LWB 2 Door 2.25 petrol LHD

"Every trip is an adventure in a Land Rover".

After multiple rebuilds of the original Zenith I purchased the Chinese version from our hosts. That worked for about a year before the accelerator pump plunger started sticking.
    After a half dozen temporary fixes gave up and got the Weber. Its been working great, compared to the Zeniths. Can't speak to how much power I have, but it's no worse than with the prior carbs. I'm sure MPG is under 20, but it's probably no worse than my daily driver - a Ford F250 with 7.3 liter "Godzilla' engine.

I do get about 100 smiles per gallon, which is what matters.