Thread: Hard Top Gasket Installation

Default Hard Top Gasket Installation

I am putting my hard top back on my 2a 88. I always find it a pain to hold the rubber gaskets in place while installing the pieces. I was wondering if using double stick tape would work to temporarily holding the gaskets in place would work. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    JP
    Jeff Pearl
    1969 SIIa 88 ECR Coil Spring Conversion
    North Central AZ

I have had this problem as I take the hardtop off every year. The first time I used black adhesive to hold the gasket. Very messy but works until your store the sides next year. Now I put the gaskets in the aluminum track and mount the sides first. This makes it easier to get the bolts in by the door. I also find it easier to get the hardtop on solo. I just need help to the the roof on. Then it is just tightening a lot of bolts.

I love having the top off as I built a real nice frame and soft top for it a few years ago...... it just gets to be a big darn deal, then the occasional rains ruin it. When I get my shop up I'll use the s3 88 with canvas top for the ''expedition rig'' and the s2a 88 with over drive for the ''town car''.