Thread: '94 Hard DAsh - C7 Central Locking System Fuse Keeps Blowing

Default '94 Hard DAsh - C7 Central Locking System Fuse Keeps Blowing

I have a ‘94 hard dash that has a blown C7, I have disconnected all doors and the controls., pulled the center console and dash, and no exposed wires.

When I put in a new fuse, the horn honks, and the fuse blows within 5 seconds.

Is this a security thing? Any ideas?

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Did you remember to disconnect the connector to the tailgate actuator? If everything is disconnected test for a short in the Brown/Pink wire from the fuse box to the pin on the connector to the Central Locking control box.
    Do you have a copy of the Electrical Troubleshooting manual? That details all the connectors and their locations in the vehicle.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    Did you remember to disconnect the connector to the tailgate actuator? If everything is disconnected test for a short in the Brown/Pink wire from the fuse box to the pin on the connector to the Central Locking control box.
    Do you have a copy of the Electrical Troubleshooting manual? That details all the connectors and their locations in the vehicle.

Mike
    Thank you, Mike. The tailgate was it.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB