Thread: 1996 D1 for sale in Rhode Island

Default 1996 D1 for sale in Rhode Island

UPDATE: DROPPING THE PROCE TO $6000 BECAUSE I NEED TO SELL IT ASAP. LEAVING THE COUNTRY IN TWO WEEKS.

Hi all - sadly selling my D1 since I'm moving out of the country for an undetermined amount of time and I'd rather see it driven than sit in a garage for who knows how long. I bought it a couple years ago with just under 100K miles on it and now it's only at 118K. It had been sitting unused in New Jersey for a decade when I bought it and have since done the following work, most of it myself and with OEM parts as often as possible: new fuel injectors, new fuel pump, replaced fuel filter, new ignition coils, replaced spark plugs, replaced power steering hoses, entirely new hub assembly on front driver's side, new brake calipers on all four tires, new shocks, new brake master cylinder and proportioning valve, new silicone vacuum hoses, and new battery. The tires are General Grabber ATX with about 20K miles on them. Also had the headliner re-done and installed new speakers and bluetooth stereo.

Sale comes with the following replacement and spare parts (this was my second D1 so salvaged what I could):

Full bushing set (they aren't bad yet, but they do wear down -- just never had the time)
    Front passenger side hub assembly (again, just never got to it, but it's fine for now)
    OEM re-manned front brake calipers (brakes on there now are fine but are not OEM)
    Full set of headlight and taillight assemblies (salvaged)
    Grab bars (salvaged)

Also have some random vehicle specific tools, like a one-man brake bleeder, that will be included.

Only known issues with it are mostly cosmetic:

Seats could all use some refurbishing - the seams are coming undone, but the leather is in good shape.
    The dash is curling up - I do have the DIY kit to screw it down.
    Gear selector film needs to be replaced (believe I have this too)
    There is one small bit of rust on the driver's side rear panel, above the wheel well. Pretty easy fix, just never got to it.
    The rear windows aren't working - pretty sure it's a solder issue on the board next to the ECU.
    The clear coat on the black paint is long gone. Paint itself is in good shape, just faded.

Asking for $60000. My number is 347-247-6900 and I'm in Scituate, RI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0557.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	14202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0559.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	14203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0563.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	14204  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0564.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	14205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0570.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	14206  
    Last edited by troberge; 02-02-2023 at 12:08 PM.