Thread: Kodiak heater plumbing question.

Default Kodiak heater plumbing question.

So Ive got a Kodiak MK3 im installing in my late 2a clone...front of my motor has the series 3 heater control valve. Question is id like to remove it and replace it with just a barbed adapter like I have on the back of the head as ill have a heater control valve on the kodiak squirrel cage body. Curious if it is the same thread. I downloaded and printed out original instructions for the kodiak install and it looked as if in one of the pics (was hard to make out) had a brass valve that looked like a hose bib on a house so i ordered one but the outlet with the hose retention bead is much smaller in diameter than any of my hard pipes like the kodiak heater valve or my heater core outlet and inlet. Right now i just have a bypass running from ser3 valve to back of head. Appreciate any assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am fairly certain 564923 is the 2A part you need Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58210-564923-land-rover-series-brass-heater-pipe-union.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	14472

Its the same thread as the oil sump (pan) oil drain plug. I am assuming your S3 engine is not a later Metric Thread version

wow!, i wouldn't know what to do in a engine bay that clean !!

Thanks Roverp480, Ill order one up. I dont know what year the block is, I have the provenance of the rebuild specs from turner engineering but not year of block but my hunch it is a 72. Thanks much-happy new year