Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part needed

Default Part needed

Part needed, used or new. I need LR part number ERC9453. It is the fitting for the heater hose on a later 2.25 or 2.5 engines. It is a fitting with the thread 16m x 1.0. Some of these heater hose fittings used a tampered thread but this fitting threads into the head at the back of the 4 cylinder metric engines and is a straight thread. If anyone has such an item from a donner engine or a source in the US please let me know. RN does not have it. Thanks.
    Jim

i have this problem with a new heat sensor but the adapter sticks out a ways and cost way too much, one day i'll just cut new threads or something.

It's available in England, but not cheap.
    https://www.turnerengineering.co.uk/...ic-c2x21274848
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Blanchard have it listed & I think they will ship to US . Similar price to Turners. https://pablanchard.co.uk/Heater-Out...Petrol-ERC9453.
    I could get & send one over from the UK, but I would have to pay the VAT (sales tax.)

jp - Thanks but I had already found Turner Engineering. It was the $86 cost (including shipping as they quoted me) that caused me to place this post. Kinda high cost don't you think for a part that should cost about $15. Their shipping cost was more that the cost of the part itself! Hopefully someone will see this post and have an old metric 4 cylinder with this part that they can offer.

roverp480 - Thanks. I have purchased parts from Blanchard in the past - they respond quickly. I will have to check with them on the shipping cost. Turner's shipping was more than the price of the part: I did asked Turner if there was a less expensive way to ship the item but their answer was that what they quoted was the charge. They evidently don't trust the UK mail system and only use DHL. Suspect that the VAT is a lot less than the DHL shipping charge so if I cannot find a less expensive source I might get back to you, if that is ok with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jvsimmons View Post
    roverp480 - Thanks. I have purchased parts from Blanchard in the past - they respond quickly. I will have to check with them on the shipping cost. Turner's shipping was more than the price of the part: I did asked Turner if there was a less expensive way to ship the item but their answer was that what they quoted was the charge. They evidently don't trust the UK mail system and only use DHL. Suspect that the VAT is a lot less than the DHL shipping charge so if I cannot find a less expensive source I might get back to you, if that is ok with you.
    Royal Mail is not shipping any parcels abroad at the moment due to some computer hacking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jvsimmons View Post
    Part needed, used or new. I need LR part number ERC9453. It is the fitting for the heater hose on a later 2.25 or 2.5 engines. It is a fitting with the thread 16m x 1.0. Some of these heater hose fittings used a tampered thread but this fitting threads into the head at the back of the 4 cylinder metric engines and is a straight thread. If anyone has such an item from a donner engine or a source in the US please let me know. RN does not have it. Thanks.
    Jim
    Ive got most of a 1960 2.25 engine out under a tarp by my wood pile. Currently deeply buried in snow but if you can confirm parts compatibility from a '60 and send me a picture of where this part is mounted I can dig.

Adviars - Thank you for your offer! But I believe that the 1960 engine is "english threaded" and if you do have the part I need, it would not fit my engine. LR switched over to metric threads in 1980. My engine is a 1986 2.5L petrol so threads are metric. However I must thank you as your offer gave me an idea - maybe I should post my "parts needed" in the Defender section of the RN forum where it is more likely to find someone with the metric threaded part.
    I am switching the 2.25 Diesel in my 1983 Series 3 County 88 with the Defender petrol 4 cylinder of the early Defender years.

Item number 163513472362 on ebay is a M16 x 1.0 male to 3/8 NPT female adapter. The seller is a place called Fittings Space. You could then use a 3/8 NPT to 1/2 5/8 hose barb.

Bob