Thread: low fuel pressure

Default low fuel pressure

My SIIA 2.25 petrol occasionally stalls from what I believe to be fuel starvation. I have replaced the fuel pump, carburetor, fuel filter and now I will put in a new fuel line from the fuel pump to the carburetor. However, I noticed that the clear fuel filter is not filling very fast at all. Just a trickle. I have had fuel starvation issues for months. What should I do next? Is there a way to measure the correct fuel flow?

If u call i can walk u thru a few tests for this issue. 360.866.2254 days

Unfortunately, most of the aftermarket mechanical fuel pumps are junk. I have ended up replacing them on every Rover with a simple electric pump. However, the pump cannot be mounted in the engine bay, as it will get too hot (particularly in the summer) and can cause vapor lock (bucking).

Something else to check, if you have your original fuel tank, is for rust in the lines and a clogged pick up tube in the tank itself.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

undoubtedly restricted fuel flow at/in the tank. back blow it with a air hose and see if you get a good flow at least for a few moments.

To everyone who responded to my vexing problem of "bucking" and surging; THANK YOU. The entire issue was indeed caused by fuel starvation, so upon pulling the draw tube from the tank it was discovered to be "home made" and partially clogged with hair, or fibers of sorts. I installed a new draw tube and the problem has vanished. I took it out and thrashed it hard today and it performed flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel70 View Post
    To everyone who responded to my vexing problem of "bucking" and surging; THANK YOU. The entire issue was indeed caused by fuel starvation, so upon pulling the draw tube from the tank it was discovered to be "home made" and partially clogged with hair, or fibers of sorts. I installed a new draw tube and the problem has vanished. I took it out and thrashed it hard today and it performed flawlessly.
    Good, check that periodically, and if you have a weber carb, there is a little filter accessed by a brass bolt that often gains sediment, especially if you are in dirt or sand with your truck.