X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huuligan
    Low Range
    • Jul 2022

Wanted: Series II 2.25 Petrol Engine

Looking for a Series II 2.25 Petrol Engine. Preferable east coast.

Thanks, Bob
  • charles1943
    1st Gear
    • Jan 2021

Where are you located? And do you want a "long block" (block and head)?

Comment

• huuligan
      Low Range
      • Jul 2022

Originally posted by charles1943
      Where are you located? And do you want a "long block" (block and head)?
      Hey Charles, I'm in Maryland. I didn't realize there was such a thing as a 2.25 petrol "long block." What's the difference?

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• retrorovermd
        Low Range
        • May 2022

Did you find what you were looking for? I have an 1984 2.25 diesel motor if you are needing a good engine block.

Comment

• charles1943
          1st Gear
          • Jan 2021

[QUOTE=huuligan;113500]Hey Charles, I'm in Maryland. I didn't realize there was such a thing as a 2.25 petrol "long block." What's the difference?

Thanks, Bob[/QU

A LONG BLOCK CONSISTS OF THE BLCOK WITH ALL INTERNALS, FROM THE OIL PAN TO THE ROCKER COVER, THE TAILSTOCK OF THE CRANK TO THE FRONT PULLEY, A "SHORT BOOCK WCONSISTS OF ALL THE ABOVE BUT W/ THE CYKINDER HEAD. THE TERMS ONLY DEFINE WHAT IS THERE AND NOT CONDITION. DOES THIS HELP? I HAVE A TAKEOUT ENGINE NEAR BOSTON....AS I RECALL IT'S FROM A LATE IIA . MIGHT THAT BE OF INTEREST TO YOU?

Comment

• huuligan
            Low Range
            • Jul 2022

2.25 Petrol

I would definitely be interested. How much would you like for it?

Thank you,
            Bob

[QUOTE=charles1943;113808]
            Originally posted by huuligan
            Hey Charles, I'm in Maryland. I didn't realize there was such a thing as a 2.25 petrol "long block." What's the difference?

Thanks, Bob[/QU

A LONG BLOCK CONSISTS OF THE BLCOK WITH ALL INTERNALS, FROM THE OIL PAN TO THE ROCKER COVER, THE TAILSTOCK OF THE CRANK TO THE FRONT PULLEY, A "SHORT BOOCK WCONSISTS OF ALL THE ABOVE BUT W/ THE CYKINDER HEAD. THE TERMS ONLY DEFINE WHAT IS THERE AND NOT CONDITION. DOES THIS HELP? I HAVE A TAKEOUT ENGINE NEAR BOSTON....AS I RECALL IT'S FROM A LATE IIA . MIGHT THAT BE OF INTEREST TO YOU?

Comment

Working...