Thread: Door hinges between S2A and S3 - interchangeable?

Default Door hinges between S2A and S3 - interchangeable?

Hello. I am restoring a '68 Series 2A/3 that is a mix of parts - I guess depending on what LR had kicking around in the factory. The S2A hinges are causing some issues with door gaps and alignment and I am wondering if I will have a better time with S3 hinges. Anyone have any experience with this? Do Series 3 door hinges work seamlessly on a S2A?

thanks

My first S3 had 2A door hinges so I suspect it will work the other way as well. Remember the S2 hinges have a vertical centre line which means the door opens in a horizontal plane whereas the S3 hinges line at an angle which means the door lifts at the outer edge on opening & if you do not have the S3 door check the door will hit the body near the top edge. I would add that I think there is a lot more adjustment available using the S2 hinges as you can tip slightly each element individually whereas the S3 is locked together with the pin through the middle
    Last edited by roverp480; 11-14-2023 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Personally i hate the siii hinges 'cuz they make the door close whenever we need 2 get into the cab 4 a moment. And they r not rebuildable. They wear out u buy new 1s!!