Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert
    Low Range
    • Feb 2007

Thanks. All the jets are clean, but with the exception of the main, are the wrong number. Would this affect the idle?

Comment

• biffidum
      Low Range
      • Nov 2021

Certainly possible. If the pilot was wrong then for sure. Float level can affect everything too.

If this problem happened after it was working fine for a while, you may need to think along a different line. Unless upon reassembly it works well again. Be sure to follow the tuning sequence with the correct RPM (this affects which jet is feeding fuel) before setting an idle.

Comment

• vlad_d
        2nd Gear
        • Apr 2021

I forgot to say:

Air: Do all your checks/ adjustments with the air cleaner on…especially the bulky oil bath air cleaner setup, if you’re running that. Make sure it’s all tight and well fitting. For a while, I was doing air/fuel mixture and idle speed adjustment with all that off - because it was easier to get to. But when I put all that back on, I had adjusted it for a MUCH more oxygenated condition(free flow) and so it was running very gas rich now. Adjust it with exactly the air cleaner setup it will run in. Seems dumb, but easy to overlook!
        ...┌───────┬──,,
        ...|______OD__|__\\_____
        ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
        »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
        ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109

Comment

Working...