Thread: Ex-Brit military Series III, 109 Soft top

james childress Guest

Default Ex-Brit military Series III, 109 Soft top

For sale is a 1973 Decommissioned British military Land Rover Series III 109, 2.25L gas engine. $5,000

This baby is a Soft Top, right hand drive Series Rover with about 80,000 miles on it, a few dings from years of service in Her Majesty's military but a new X-9 SuperWinch bolted to the front. Needs new brakes but engine is in good shape with new Weber carb, plugs, wires, distributor and rotor. Military convoy lighting and NATO paint scheme. This is a 12 volt model
    and numerous spare parts (points, distributor cap, belts and other assorted odds and ends) are included.

This one has the optional side troop seats in the back.
    Current canvas top is shredded from last season off roading.
    I still have the original canvas top from the Brit Mil/NATO paint scheme in the garage, it's in good shape and doesn't have any rips in it.

E-mail me if you're serious. I'll be more than happy to help with shipping to where ever you might be.
    James

Default Still have the other soft top for sale?

Hello- If you have the soft top and can post a picture that would be great
    How much?
    Thx,
    Tim

Hi James

Where are you located? Better pictures available? Especially the frame? Thx David

I too would like more info/pictures.

I'd email him but there is no email listed in the message, and he must have set his preferences to hide email address.

Seems to be alot of first time posts pop up here with possibly decent buys but they leave no real contact info an never check this board again!! LOL Hopefully this guy will check back in.
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper

i've driven this particular SIII. james is a super great guy. I haven't seen this posted recently on Craigslist here in Los Angeles, so I would imagine that he may have sold it. If anyone has more questions, i could probably search through my email and share his address with you. PM me.
    Matt
    '66 88 GM powered
    '89 SWB RRC (sold)
    '67 109 NADA 6cyl. Station Wagon #2 (sold)

Default still for sale?

Is the rover still for sale please contact me
    Derek