Thread: Problems with Upper tailgate adjustments

Default Problems with Upper tailgate adjustments

Hi - this is for my 1995 RRC LWB

I recently got an new upper tailgate and the seal that goes along the top and sides.

My problem is that when i close the upper tailgate (window part) the middle top of the tailgate pops the weather seal off and almost hits the metal.

Is there someway to adjust the upper tailgate so it doesnt come so close to the seal on top?

Second issues is that even with the new seal water still leaks in where the uper tailgate latches on both sides

Any advice on this?

THAnks

I not sure, but check behind the headliner to see if you can adjust the upper hinges out.

As far as leaking on the sides, there was an additional piece of foam that was added to hatch where it contacts the seal in that area. They are about 1/4" thick and extend up about 3" from the bottom.

Larry M.