Thread: Antilock dashboard light is on

Default Antilock dashboard light is on

I have a 1996 Disco and the Antilock dashboard light is on. Is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem or do I have to take it to the dealer? Thanks....

We would not know what an antilock flash light looks like..... This is a Series l,ll & lll page not Disco l or ll, Better ask on the Disco board.
    1972 NAS Series 88 SW

I think my iia has antilock brakes - i doubt i could get them to lock up

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Play nice boys... it is still a Land Rover (moved to proper forum).
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Your anti-lock brake light will stay on until 5 mph and then turn off while driving.

If it doesnt, check the tire size thats currently on the rover. If you are running 235-75-16 or bigger tires you might see intermittent ABS light action (or staying on).

Seems to be the same on my 97 Disco I SD, I figured out how to live with it and not pay to change my ABS sensor for 650.00 at LR service.

As for those who were not playing fair..... Everyone needs a get-a-way mobile you know...... this may be the next series owner....

P.S. My 97 Disco is my wifes daily driver and she hates soccer...
    Tim M.
    Ashburnham, MA

Default Tire Size?

Go figure, I would have never imagined the tire size being an issue. Makes sense, I have the larger tires, received the warning light, removed the bulb from the socket behind the "idiot light". Alas, no more reminder.

Next is not for the faint of heart, I typically run around with the ABS multi-plug removed from the actuator. This is especially helpful when off roading, I've found.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)