Thread: New ride from a newbie

thumb-up New ride from a newbie

Just hit the road with my 93 LWB, some highlights:
    Full respray, 2" coil spring conversion with OME shocks,The mechanical
    items to cherry out this truck were way too numerous. The only thing left to fix are the heated seats. I think it's turning out pretty nice. A nice idea was rather than try to restore the interior wood, it's all been resprayed body color.

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Nice Range Rover Classic 4.2 litre! Schweet paint work. No frills, no bumpers, no extra lights, just orginal look with a coil lift. Good job. More photos please...
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

wow you have a nice classic there i like how you kept it nice and simple. nice paint job! i wish you luck with your new ride =)
    Keep on Rovin'

Nice.

I too have a '93 county lwb that's coming along. It was my dad's for the first 212k miles. I've replaced the Heater core, rebuilt the a/c lines from the evaporator, installed new Champions & Magnacores, OME 2" lift, still run the 4x4 XPC's, ditched the running boards, contemplated removing the air dam (yours looks good w/o it), replaced all fluids w/ exception of transmission (next on the to do list). I need to install the brake pads & rotors, steering damper & belts I have sitting at the house & get new hoses and bushings as well.

My paint is original & looks pretty good. The driver seat has quite a bit of wear and, while it is still serviceable, I would like to get new factory seat covers for the front. Of course the headliner is drooping but I found the materials to replace it. It's irritating that the factory replacement headliner only lasted 5 years.

It's my 2nd Rover, runs great, gets crummy gas mileage, goes where I want to go and I love it.

Best of luck on yours, Ray
    "Now the company of rogues and cutthroats is complete."

1993 RRC County LWB, Ardennes green
    1967 Series IIa 109" NADA Station Wagon Light green
    1996 Discovery SE7 Epsom green R.I.P.