Thread: Anyone know what the deal is with the 2003 Td5 110 on ebay

Default Anyone know what the deal is with the 2003 Td5 110 on ebay

Auction shows some sticker from Land Rover saying it conforms to US safety standards for the year of 2002 ?

I have my severe doubts, also has name of a gent in CA that must have imported it.

What happened to side impact, airbags and the rest of the things required something fishy going on.

Just wondering and too lazy to call DC and find out.

Question

The interesting bit is that a few hours after I asked the question, RN put the same vehicle up on their for sale bbs. Which is really great because they must know the answer.

The VIN SALLDHM582A629259 fails the North American format and shouldn't even work with and Insurance Company. Let alone to get a Title and Registration.

If anyone knows which method is used, I really would love to bring in one of these vehicles myself. I still remember trying to insure my old 110 I was driving on foreign plates, no insurance company was able to put my VIN into their computer and have it be accepted. I ended up having to contact a company in Arizona that insures UN vehicles and it cost and arm and a leg.

Any ideas ?....

Exclamation

I guess I am talking to myself but FYI, ebay removed the truck due to a listing violation. My guess is illigal VIN for North America.

I am verry interested to know which method was used, I live in the caribbean and would love to bring my 2000 110 when I move back