Thread: zenith to intake gaskets

Default zenith to intake gaskets

i have a leak in my bottom zenith carb gasket where the phenolic block attaches to the intake manifold. RN got me the gaskets, but I don't know if i need to lube the gaskets with anything (oil, hylomar...) befor applying the gasket? FWIW, i'm replacing the three lowest carb gaskets at the same time as they will all be exposed during this process.

thanks in advance,
    jeff
    '68 109 3 door with multiple personalities
    '03 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel
    '07 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet

howdy Jeff,

I recently installed a new Zenith and I used Permatex Aviation form-a-gasket sealant. It has a little brush on applicator and spread it thinly on both sides of the gasket surfaces. I used a sheet of sandpaper on some glass to sand the phenolic spacer to make sure it was clean of old sealant and for possible warpage. Once it is cleaned, it can also be inspected for cracks. The permatex never dries hard so future disassembly is made easier.

My 2 cents CAN or 2.01341 USD cents worth.

Default got my solution

Permatex 97 to the rescue - gasket sealer. I guess the Hylomar stuff would have worked too, but Advanced Auto Parts didn't carry it.
    '68 109 3 door with multiple personalities
    '03 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel
    '07 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet