Thread: Whats The Difference?.....

Default Whats The Difference?.....

Now i dont want to insult anyone on here(We are all Land Rover lovers), but after months of searching, i finally bought my dream vehicle, a '98 Range Rover. Its a beautiful grey 4.6 HSE and im aware that a 4.6 is a larger & stronger engine than the 4.0. My question is whats the difference between the S, SE, and HSE models? I got a HSE because it says they were the top-line models, but ALL the vehicles that i viewed online looked the same.

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Greetings! Welcome to the RN Forums.

I've got an answer for you all listed below. We have a copy of the factory 1997-1998 Land Rover Journal that has all the specifications for the vehicle year line-up. I scanned the specs page - enjoy reading!

Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Default Thanks alot

That spec page was very helpful in understanding the difference between the two "SE and HSE" models. Its the engine size that made the model an SE or HSE. Now i know the S model was not an option, altho i see them for sale online. Thanks again for the helpful info.