Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discovery I Brake Job

Default Pictures of Disco I Brake Job

If you're looking for some worthwhile images of this brake job being performed, please peruse pages 93-96 of the North American November 2006 issue of LRM.

Mike
    Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
    "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

Default Completed Job

Just wanted to drop a note to everyone that I completed the work this afternoon. Many thanks to Mike K for the parts list that was a big help. I just finished the front both calipers and rotors. Apart from some bolts being severly frozen (those caliper bolts are a b**ch to get to) the job was not too bad. I had a helper so that made it go a little easier but it was about 4 hours total.
    What a mess ! I think I was up to my arms in grease after repacking the bearings. Also thanks to landi41 for the wheel tip, I had to think for a minute on how to get the bolts off the hub/rotor.

Anyways it was a successful job and I am on to the heater fan not blowing.

Thanks,

Bryan Blake

Thanks Bryan for the feedback glad it went well for you
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

I am getting ready to do the same job and I have a few other questions. Do you need the fitting kit? It seems cheap enough that I might as well. The other question is that they have two brake kits. One is pads and rotors and the other is the same with the hardware, but more then twice the price. Will I likely need to replace a lot the hardware? I guess the only way to know is to get in there.

What I normally do is to order all the parts I might possibly need for the job.

This way, once you are in there, with it all apart all over the floor, you can decide what to replace without having to wait until the next shipment to complete the job. Plus you have to pay for shipping again. Normally, I realize I need additional parts on Sunday afternoon, when even the local part stores are closed (not that they have what I need EVER). I don't know how things go for you...

I get everything, and return what I don't use. remember to get an RA number.

Nine out of ten times, I end up replacing everything anyway. Rusty old bolts and other parts may not be the best things to rely on for your braking system...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular