Thread: 4.6 or tdi Into 1990 RR Classic?

From Vermont, right now I am still traveling from west to east and back every year

Default 4.6 or tdi Into 1990 RR Classic?

I have decided on the 4.6 for my truck if I keep with the petrol. I have been hearing about converting these to diesels but i am not sure where to start! I like the better economy of the tdi but the questions are, do i need to get an engine and trani, different exaust, different fuel tank, what kind of ability is there to find parts. i would love any stories about prevouse swaps. The discovery is not much different so if anyone knows about converting them i would love to here about it as well. thanks for might have any info!
    Dan

Default 4.6 engine in 95 lwb classic

My Rover is at the local dealer now getting a new 4.6 short block installed, I will let you know later this week how it goes but I did a lot of research and found very little of using Tdi engine. The change over cost for Tdi I think would cost more than the gas mileage advantage.

Good Luck!

for the price of a TDi conversion you easily afford a 2002 range rover with low miles! The TDi is an expensive conversion!!!

From Vermont, right now I am still traveling from west to east and back every year

Sounds like the 4.6 right now might be the best bet for me? Keep me posted on the new 4.6, Thanks Dan

look at disco tech industries they sell a Izuzu 2.8L turbo diesel with more power than the Tdi. It also has the adapters to hook up to the rover tranny.