Thread: Leaky carb

Default Leaky carb

When I turn my Rover off after it's been running for a little while( just in the driveway, working on it) gas seems to be leaking from the carberator. If you're standing by the driverside wing looking at the engine it's on the back side of the carb dripping off of some sort of linkage(not good with carbs.........yet) only about a drop every couple of seconds. My uneducated guess is that it's coming out between the gasket and the bowl? It stops after a while so I determined that it's only happening when pressure is generated, but again I know nothing about it. So what do you guys think?
    Tight lines

Sounds like my old leaky Solex carburator, while running very well it was always leaking. I'm pretty sure our host sells rebuilt kits which will most likely stop the leaking issues. But you also have the option of spending your money towards a weber carb which should be a little bit less troubles. Just my 2 cts.... what carb do you have should be the first question.

It's a Weber.
    Tight lines

Shameless bump, hopefully for some more advice.
    Tight lines

Floats out of adjustment?

Default Agreed...

Float too high and gasket is probably scored. Lower float, new gasket.

Alright 2 of the same in a row, I guess I'll start there. Thanks guys.
    Tight lines