Thread: Range Rover 4.6 HSE 1997 - fuel economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Range Rover 4.6 HSE 1997 - fuel economy

Hi everyone.

I'me receiving the message BONETTE OPEN and cames with Bip. in my Range Rover 4.6 1997 does somebody knows anything about this alarm? and also my Range rover spend a lot of gasoline and make too much smoke, can somebody please tell me why is spending so much fuel and where is the problem?
    please!!

Diluranger

Default Bonnett Open

I had the same message about the bonnet, I think it means your hood is completely closed, or the back hatch is not closed all the way. As far as smoke you may need a tune up. How many mpg's are you getting? I have a 2002 RR and get about 15-17 mpg depending on highway and city miles. Smoke usually means you are burning oil or you are too much burning gas and the air filter or intake may need to be looked at. Take it to a LR dealer and ask a mechanic. The smoke may be the extra fuel being used it sounds like. Hope any of this helped. Also check your owners manual for warning or message center words.