Thread: 93 LWB Brake Problem

Default 93 LWB Brake Problem

Tonight I backed into a sign post and immediately when I got back into the truck after inspecting the damage, my brake pedal became very sensitive and feels like it actually pushes back when I apply the brake. This seems really strange seeing as the only damage was a broken tail light lens and a damaged bumper end. What the heck does this have to do with my brakes? It also seems like the front/rear brake bias is out of whack,but I have no warning lights on. Anyone ever had this happen?

Thanks,
    Bibb T. Gault
    93 LWB
    San Antonio,Texas
    210-501-9058

I would check and make sure that all the brake lights and dash warning lights are functional - a failed rear brake lamp registers an error in the brake ECU.
    1993 Range Rover County LWB / 1996 Rover Mini SPi / 1965 MG 1100

Default Update

I checked and all dash lamps and all stop/tail lamps are working. Any ideas? ABS pump runs for much less time at start up in the morning than before this happened, but does run for about 5 seconds with every touch of the brake pedal. Am I right in that if my accumulator was bad,the pump would run for long periods of time? I remember years ago, this board was very active. Where did they all go?

Bibb your right , if the accumulator is weak your pump will run longer.
    i think your sx's is coincidental.it may be a valve in your valve block that could be failing.(big thing with all the brake lines going to it)
    i have a 1994 r.rover that does the same thing.pedal comes back up at you when brakes applied.no fix yet.
    if you find the cause i would like to know.
    good luck .marc
    http://singingcamel.com

Default up date???

problem solved???