Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question on my IIa's Heater...

oh yeah...my VIN is an H suffix...just to really confuse the issue

my front wings definitey look as though they've been replaced though.

I would be VERY VERY VERY interested in my truck's history...

she's purdy, regardless of what the history is though...

Last edited by Bostonian1976; 11-15-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Nice little Series, I had one very similar to yours......sorry i ever sold it !!
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie
    The NADA IIa's a t least oriinally had a piece of soft vinyl trim to cover the duct but I can't find a new one to replace mine. If you check the previous posts you will see the part numbers provided by our hosts.

That vinyl trim is visible here:

FWIW.....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

That is the same heater control cable on my IIa. How have any of you guys connected the end to the RN mansfield heater valve? Any Ideas or pics that would help
    1984 D-90 Tdi
    71 IIa 88 Perkins Prima Powered
    1995 D-90 SW Tdi #413
    No Gas burner Here............

Randy

I have no heater control....mine's either on or off lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlug
    Most land rover heaters except the "shinburner" are fresh air units. If you are really cold you could modify the air intake to pull preheated air from your interior just like recirculate on later cars. I have seen this done on rovers in NW Canada, but I can't remember the actual setup except the air in was in the passenger footwell.

I have seen the heater distribution box pictured on a few rovers, I think rover even sold it as a kit because I have seen them on older S2 rovers or the owner retro-fitted them.

If you are looking for info on Kodiaks heaters try HERE.
    You have one of the rarer transitional Land Rovers, based on the interior of your car. The dashboard resembles that of the early II-A, but the black fascia and the Leyland style toggle switches and gauges indicate it's the same as the "bugeye," as noted earlier.

My two '66 Land Rovers have two different heaters; one came with the Kodiak unit and the other started with the Kodiak but was converted to the Rovers North Mansfield heater. The former does not have an intake hole in the wing; the latter requires it as a fresh air intake.

Both work well, but the Mansfield heater is so effective that it really needs the two speed blower. When it's above freezing, there's too much heat from the Mansfield if I have the blower motor on "high." With effective door seals, the Mansfield heater makes the car very usable without much pain even in the coldest of northern New England temperatures. Also, it exchanges heat so well that I have to install a summer thermostat in the warmer weather to preclude overheating. The winter thermostat is perfect for warming up the temperature that much higher for effective heating this time of year.

My Kodiaks had only the twin doors to provide additional warmth for the passenger. My Mansfield installation uses the Kodiak heater box in the passenger compartment for a more "original' look.

Stay warm!

Jeff
    Jeff Aronson
    Vinalhaven, ME 04863
    '66 Series II-A SW 88"
    '66 Series II-A HT 88"
    '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
    '80 Triumph Spitfire
    '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
    http://www.landroverwriter.com