Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 RRC 4.2 asking for help w/ diagnoseing an engine problem

From Vermont, right now I am still traveling from west to east and back every year

I don't believe if the you can diagnose the condition of an o2 senser fron its looks because everything they do is inside. How many miles on the rig anyways, they like to go if there is any age on them. For the plugs, they will look oily black looking and they will smell bad. A good plug should be clean and should bairly smell at all, Take some pictures of the plugs and send them along i would like to take a look at them. Oh and believe it or replaicing the O2 sensors is actually part of doing a tune up! i would do them every 50k miles to keep up gas miliage and so that they don't quit at the wrong time!

I will post some pictures of my current project, 1990 range with bad bad carbon in the cylinders!

Default back now

Dan thanks for the advice, I ran into a bit of an emergency and didnt get to spend anytime with the rover these last couple of weeks. I'm back now and will pull the spark plugs and send photos.

Thanks

I think u should get away from the o2 U have spent to much time their. you need to run a vaccum guage on ur motor and check for low vaccum this would tell u if u have a restriction in the exhaust or not.and a pulsating guage would tell u if u had a stuck valve ( a common problem) I would start their ..........

also what u are discribing could just be a bad part in ur secondary ignition (distributor plug wires ex) also u could check ignition module and ecu pin tension

post back id like to see ur findings

ok well I pulled a spark plug and took photos and finally can get them online. here is photo. I'm gonna take it to a place to get it tested, i dont know how to do the vacume test and things have been so crazy as of late that i dont know when i will be able to get to it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edrice/2169496935/

the pic of ur plug looks like its new usually the plug with some miles on it would have a whitish light brown electrod and the ring on the plug at the bottom of the threads would be black and kind of sutty go to advanced auto parts and look in a chiltons manual does not matter what car and they will have a color page somewhere in their that will show a spark plugs and how they look under diff. conditions

yeah the plugs were replaced in feb of 07 and have about 30,000 miles on them. But i live in the city so almost all of my miles are long trips, I take the subway mostdays.

thanks for the sparkplug chat advice, i found this one that may help others
    http://www.v6z24.com/mods/howto/imag...gs/plugs19.jpg